Dr Frieze has been involved in a range of arbitration and other legal cases:
- Warehouse Structure – Assessment of extent of construction defects and proportioning of responsibility
- Hydro Tunnel – Review basis of design of water supply tunnel to hydro-electric scheme accounting for construction issues and including assessment of results of detailed site measurements taken during pressure trials at site.
- FPSO Topsides Design and Construction – Adequacy of design information for topsides design and construction dealing with strength, fatigue, hull-structure interaction and design standards. Appeared at four hearings.
- Pipe Laying Vessel Superstructure Construction – Addressed design (strength/fatigue) and construction (especially fairing) issues. Two hearings attended.
- Jack-Up Accident Investigation – Source of damage to legs
- Vessel Accident Investigation – Executed detailed impact analysis
- Jetty Accident Investigation – Vessel impact damage assessment
- Vessel Grounding/Berthing Accident Investigation – Undertake damage assessment
- Pile Buckling Accident Investigation – Offshore jacket pile buckling assessment
- Vessel Break-Up Accident Investigation – Cause of break-up following grounding
- Vessel Cargo Damage Accident Investigation – Calculation of forces to cause cargo movement
- Cause of Vessel Damage – Extensive calculations of relative motions and impacts between ship/floating object
- Crane Toppling Accident Investigation – Examination of possible causes for crane beam toppling during transport
- Vessel Fire/Explosion Accident Investigation – Quantifying effects in ships’ hulls
- Berthed Vessel Impact Forces – Calculations relating to likely level of impact forces to generate damage caused during storm whilst berthed
- Foundered Vessel Accident Investigation – Investigation of origin of cracks found in the deck of a foundered ship
For further information and to arrange for a demonstration contact us here